Strawberry Microwave Breakfast Bowl Recipe

Some days, you just need a good snack.



Not an apple. Not broccoli and hummus.
Not…that snickers bar I ate Friday afternoon when I had nothing else as an option.

Lately, all I want for a snack is something warm. I’m almost always freezing cold in my office at work, so yogurt never sounds good, smoothies are too cool, and cold veggies and dip isn’t my first choice when I’m shivering.
Work time means no slippers or blanket, so warm snack it is! Hot tea, a decaf coffee, small bowl of oatmeal.


Or this fast strawberry snack cake.
It’s hearty and filling without being too heavy. Full of juicy berries and crunchy buckwheat.
Toasty warm and perfect with a cup of tea.


Snack or breakfast…or both?

Makes: 1 cake
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup oat bran
  • 2 Tbsp oat flour
  • 2 Tbsp buckwheat groats
  • 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
Directions:
  1. Mix together the oat bran, oat flour, buckwheat groats, flaxseed, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
  2. Stir in the vanilla, applesauce, and almond milk until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
  3. Spray a microwave safe baking dish or ramekin, and pour batter into dish.
  4. Heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the top is set.
  5. Let cool for 2-3 minutes.


Yorumlar